CopaCrawlers

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

CopaCrawlers
CopaCrawlers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Helping a good cause.

4 posters

Go down

Helping a good cause. Empty Helping a good cause.

Post  KingCopa May 24th 2012, 12:16 am

I know in the past we had talked about fund raising and helping good causes. I was thinking about a great cuase that has unfortunately probably touched most of us in some way. My idea is to make a donation to a Relay For Life (American Cancer Society) team on behalf of the club! As most of you know my best friend has a business and does custom painting and I talked to him and he is going to be making some pink cancer ribbon magnets and ear rings to sell. The magnets and ear rings are going to be flaked out and kandy painted in pink. He is donating a portion of the sales to the ACS on his companys behalf. If we buy some magnets and donate them with 100% of the money being donated to the ACS then it will be like they are getting 2 donations! I posted some pics of some magnets I got from him the other day on my FB and here are some pics so you can get an idea of what he does.
Helping a good cause. 033
Helping a good cause. 032
Helping a good cause. Magnet1

I wanted to see if we as a club wanted to chip in and buy several of the magnets or ear rings and we can donate them to my cousins RFL team and they can raffle or sell them to help raise some money. My cousin Amanda is very big with donating to The Relay for Life and the American Cancer Society. She is always looking for ways to raise money for them year round. As a club if we can come up with $75 we can get 5 magnets to send or 4 magnets and a set of ear rings for them to sell or raffle of. I figure $5 or $10 each will add up fast but I also completely understand times are tight. If anyone is intrested please let me know and we can figure the details out. Thanks for taking the time to read this and hope to be able to help out the American Cancer Society. Here are links to her personal RFL page along with her teams page the Pink Panthers.
Here is her personal page -- http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?px=5573118&pg=personal&fr_id=37092&fl=en_US&et=Lf0wcQsljIb091HcHlIgYw&s_tafId=835918
And her teams page --
http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?team_id=1019738&pg=team&fr_id=37092&fl=en_US&et=4l4kI2FRJamUxqWsKmGPPQ&s_tafId=835918
KingCopa
KingCopa

Back to top Go down

Helping a good cause. Empty Re: Helping a good cause.

Post  Powertrip May 24th 2012, 12:41 am

Dude, that's a great idea for a great cause. Count me in for sure!
Powertrip
Powertrip

Back to top Go down

Post  hamr'down May 24th 2012, 8:42 pm

tim i'd like to help. what kind of deadline to raise the money?
hamr'down
hamr'down

Back to top Go down

Post  KingCopa May 24th 2012, 11:41 pm

Im not sure on a deadline but I would think if we can get some stuff together with in about a month it should leave her plenty of time. I will get more details and post em first of next week. Thanks for the intrest so for !!
KingCopa
KingCopa

Back to top Go down

Post  KingCopa May 29th 2012, 3:44 pm

I have an update for those who are intrested in helping out. I talked to James today and he should have the magnets done tomorrow and they are going to be $15 each. Here is a picture of them so we can all see them.
Helping a good cause. PART951338325530903-picsay

I also got in touch with my cousin Amanda and their last fund raising is going to be July 7th when their cancer walk is held for their area. This gives us about a month but the sooner we can get them to her the better because she is having team events almost every weekend up till the walk. If you are intrested let me know how much you want to chip in and we will work out the details of meeting up. Feel free to PM me if you feel more comfortable with keeping it private.

When I send the magnets over it will be donated from the Copa Crawlers with a personal mention for the individual who donated if you want. Just let me know if you want to be mentioned and how you would like to send it on your behalf. Thanks again guys!
KingCopa
KingCopa

Back to top Go down

Post  Powertrip May 29th 2012, 5:10 pm

Tim, put me down for $15.
Powertrip
Powertrip

Back to top Go down

Post  KingCopa June 11th 2012, 9:45 pm

I sent 2 breast cancer magnets over to the Pink Panthers Relay for Life team today !! Thanks Jon for helping out. If anybody else wants to pitch in please just send me an email or post up.
KingCopa
KingCopa

Back to top Go down

Post  Powertrip June 11th 2012, 11:25 pm

You're welcome Tim! Come on guys, pitch in to help save the boobs!!!
Powertrip
Powertrip

Back to top Go down

Post  toolbox June 13th 2012, 11:56 am

Myself and hamr pitched in to save some !!
toolbox
toolbox

Back to top Go down

Post  KingCopa June 14th 2012, 9:05 pm

Thanks Ryan and Rick !!! got the next batch going to her on Monday. She text me today because she got the first few magnets and fell in love with them. She asked me to please tell everyone thanks for helpin gher team out!
KingCopa
KingCopa

Back to top Go down

Post  KingCopa July 5th 2012, 1:49 pm

Hey guy go check out our facebook page, we received a post from my cousin about our team donations.
https://www.facebook.com/copacrawlers
KingCopa
KingCopa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down