CopaCrawlers

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

CopaCrawlers
CopaCrawlers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expedition trip planning

3 posters

Go down

Expedition trip planning Empty Expedition trip planning

Post  KingCopa March 2nd 2012, 4:37 pm

So I started trying to map out a few day expedition style trip the other day and have a VERY rough idea of a trip. It consist of goin up the I17 to Cordes Junction and taking a dirt road all the way east in through Fossel Spings and in to the backside of Strawberry, from there we would shoot up to the Blue Ridge area and camp there. On day 2 we would take backroads (not Rim Rd) and come out over by Bear Canyon Lake. That's as far as I got figuring we could just hop on the freeway home or take more back roads down through Young and come out by Globe. Right now I am at about 120 miles on dirt.

What is everyones thoughts on something like this? Anyway we do it, it would have to be a several day trip. If anyone has any ideas on where to go or other locations please post them up. This is just the plannin stages and I'm thinking some time in June or maybe July
KingCopa
KingCopa

Back to top Go down

Expedition trip planning Empty Re: Expedition trip planning

Post  KingCopa March 2nd 2012, 4:58 pm

Well scratch the first part of that from Cordes Junction to Strawberry. Just read on the Tonto page that a section of the road we would have to take is closed for the next year due to rock slides and will remain closed till the can figure out how to stop them.
KingCopa
KingCopa

Back to top Go down

Post  Powertrip March 3rd 2012, 10:05 am

I like the idea. I'll be in if the dates work out.
Powertrip
Powertrip

Back to top Go down

Post  hamr'down March 4th 2012, 9:14 pm

count me in, sounds like fun
hamr'down
hamr'down

Back to top Go down

Post  Powertrip April 16th 2012, 2:09 am

Have you made any more plans on this trip?
Powertrip
Powertrip

Back to top Go down

Post  KingCopa April 16th 2012, 11:37 am

No and to be honest I kinda forgot all about it Rolling Eyes anyone have any fresh ideas?
KingCopa
KingCopa

Back to top Go down

Post  Powertrip April 17th 2012, 2:42 am

I just spent some time playing around with Google maps, and haven't really come up with a whole lot. Possible ideas I had are either sticking to your original plan, but instead of going up I17 to Cordes Junction, go up 87, take Four Peaks across to 188, then shoot up to Blue Ridge Reservoir and continue on with the rest of your plan. -OR- take a look at Alamo Lake. I know it's a ways out there, but you did say "expedition"! I've heard there's great fishing there, and it appears there's a wash going north from the lake that would take us back to the hwy. Just a couple thoughts....

ETA: If Alamo Lake looks appealing, there's Harquahala Mountain out that direction as well. I've read that it's a fairly easy drive, but very pretty and scenic.
Powertrip
Powertrip

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down