CopaCrawlers

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

CopaCrawlers
CopaCrawlers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Important please read!

+2
toolbox
KingCopa
6 posters

Go down

Important please read! Empty Important please read!

Post  KingCopa January 9th 2012, 2:22 pm

I'm looking to get everyones opinion on taking the club to the next level.
What I'm refering to is electing club officers and having meeting, bylaws and register our club with state coalitions and national registries (this will be down the line after we get everything up and running as most registries have an annual dues) If we do this its going to take a lot of commitment from everyone. We can work out the specifics if we decide we want to go in this direction.

The other option is to leave the club as is, just a group of friends out for a good time.
I know its kind of hard for people to commit the time to get a registered club up and running. Our club is and has been absolutely fine for the last 2 years and can stay just the way it is because it works for us!

What are everyones thoughts on this?
KingCopa
KingCopa

Back to top Go down

Important please read! Empty Re: Important please read!

Post  KingCopa January 9th 2012, 2:35 pm

I personally would like to see the club go to the next level. Not looking for it to be huge just to have us become a recoginized club, maybe adopt a trail host events like toy drives or food drives that kind of stuff.
KingCopa
KingCopa

Back to top Go down

Post  toolbox January 9th 2012, 2:39 pm

I'm unsure. I like what we have. Small group of friends willing to meet more. But I like the ideas of toy drives, trail clean UPS,etc.
toolbox
toolbox

Back to top Go down

Post  BAKER January 9th 2012, 2:46 pm

I will ponder it over and comment later.
BAKER
BAKER

Back to top Go down

Post  KingCopa January 9th 2012, 2:59 pm

Yeah I like our size to. I would rather quality member over quantity. The more the merrier as long as the fit in with the rest of us. I'm think more along the lines of originizing the club more and gettin a club standard set.
KingCopa
KingCopa

Back to top Go down

Post  vinny January 9th 2012, 4:57 pm

I dont consider myself part of the club, but I would urge you to avoid organizing. I dont the benefit. It's a fun group of friends now, once you start with rules, elections and mandatory events it becomes more of a pain. Then you add elections and differing opinions and you start to lose friendships.

If you want to be a part of club activities there are plenty to join, then you avoid the friend vs friend arguments that come along with with establishing a new club..

vinny

http://www.binksfab.com

Back to top Go down

Post  toolbox January 9th 2012, 4:59 pm

Vinny u hit it on the head.
toolbox
toolbox

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeepless January 9th 2012, 5:58 pm

I agree with Vinny, if we go big then there is no such thing as a "friends" trip. We can't select who comes and would end up just starting another forum for just the close friends. We all check up on other events and if we see something that the rest of the club might be interested in the post up and show up representing COPA CRAWLERS!
Just my .02 and you know thats all the money I have Very Happy

P.S. 2012 - Year of the JEEP for the Bentley's cheers

Jeepless

Back to top Go down

Post  KingCopa January 9th 2012, 7:44 pm

Now I totally see what you are saying Vinny but I think there needs to be some orginization in the club to help keep everyone involved in it. It would be nice if there was someone keeping things up to date and a central source of info to help everyone be on the same page. Maybe someone to help the club grow (not necessarily meaning member numbers but as something other groups look up to or want to be associated with).

I see the concern about just people showing up and the "friends" trip losing their luster but I think the rule now of 3 runs and getting an unanimous vote from club members to join has done a pretty good job of keeping the club atmosphere a fun and positive one.

Im glad to see people being involved in this as this is whats going to keep our club as awesome as it is cheers
KingCopa
KingCopa

Back to top Go down

Post  hamr'down January 9th 2012, 8:30 pm

i'm not a founding member, but i agree with vinny, and i haven't even met him! anyone will always be welcome to hit the trails with us. i don't see why we couldn't do things for the community, or participate in other clubs activities, representing "copa crawlers" .
hamr'down
hamr'down

Back to top Go down

Post  KingCopa January 10th 2012, 12:05 pm

Looks to be that we are doin a good job with the club as we are since everyone who has posted wants to leave it just the way it is Very Happy
KingCopa
KingCopa

Back to top Go down

Post  vinny January 10th 2012, 12:12 pm

KingCopa wrote:Looks to be that we are doin a good job with the club as we are since everyone who has posted wants to leave it just the way it is Very Happy

After several car clubs and being the Vice president and lieutenant of a volunteer fire department I learned my lesson. No more formal clubs for me, the drama and arguments aren't worth it.

vinny

http://www.binksfab.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down